Data Protection And Confidentiality
Some services on this website require us to collect personal information from you. To comply with the Data Protection Act, we have a duty to tell you how we store the information we collect and how it is used. Any information you do submit will be stored securely and will never be passed on or sold to any third party.
User Anonymity And Personal Information
Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website’s web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user’s IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web servers.
Aggregated analysis of these log files is used to monitor website usage. These analyses may be made available to OASES staff and partner agencies to allow them to measure, for example, overall popularity of the site and typical user paths through the site.
Except as stated already, OASES will make no attempt to identify individual users. You should be aware, however, that access to web pages will generally create log entries in the systems of your ISP or network service provider. These entities may be in a position to identify the client computer equipment used to access a page. Such monitoring would be done by the provider of network services and is beyond the responsibility or control of OASES.
OASES will make no attempt to track or identify individual users, except where there is a reasonable suspicion that unauthorised access to systems is being attempted. In the case of all users, OASES reserves the right to attempt to identify and track any individual who is reasonably suspected of trying to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or resources operating as part of OASES web services.
As a condition of use of this site, all users must give permission for OASES to use its access logs to attempt to track users who are reasonably suspected of gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access.
All log file information collected by OASES is kept secure and no access to raw log files is given to any third party.
2. NEEN (OASES) uses both types of cookies on its Website:
1) per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the Website;
2) persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (dependent on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store information between visits to a site.
4. Cookies on the c4cc.org.uk site are used as follows:
- For technical purposes where required to make site functions work – for example, to identify your browser and remember previous responses on a form.
- To help NEEN (OASES) understand more about how the “Website” is used and to provide you with a more personalised web service.
- In some cases, third-party cookies to gather anonymous information about site usage. This information may then be used to provide relevant advertising on third party websites.
- To gather information about site usage which may be used to optimise and improve the effectiveness of NEEN (OASES) advertising on other sites.
- Third-party cookies to enable functions on the site provided by third parties such as Twitter and Facebook.
|_ga, _gid, __utm.gif,
|Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.
Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither OASES or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
This cookie does not store any user information, it’s just used to limit the number of requests that have to be made to c4cc.org.uk
Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
|CMSSESSID||This is a session cookie (deleted when the browser closes) and contains only a single string (the unique session ID).
More cookies are used on the backend for various purposes (viewing alerts, login authentication, etc).
6. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on
your browser, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies, You can opt-out of receiving
cookies through www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.